Acceptance of a reservation is acknowledgment and agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Full payment is required to secure every booking and must be paid at the time of booking.
- This can be paid by bank transfer (3day window), MasterCard or Visa (+ 2% fee) via Secure Payment Express. Bookings may be cancelled without notice if the deposit is not received by the agreed due date.
- We adopt dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms, products and services fluctuates based on demand and other factors. Before confirming a reservation or purchase, we will provide you with a total price for the requested number of rooms and nights. Depending on the room rate selected, payment is due at the time the reservation and is made through our site. Prices quoted are current at time of booking, inclusive of GST and firm upon full payment for the specified time and duration.
- The tariff is based on the number of guests and type of accommodation for the specified time and duration.
Any changes thereto may change the tariff.
- Once your payment has been received you will receive confirmation by email. Please check that all details on your Booking Confirmation are correct.
- The person named on the Booking Confirmation is liable for any damage/Loss caused to the accommodation or its fixtures and fittings. In such an event the customer gives the management of Hokitika Fire Station authority to be recompensed for loss.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into Hokitika Fire Station. A full refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Non-refundable bookings have no option to cancel or receive a refund.
- Bookings made via an online agent such as Booking.com, Airbnb or Expedia must be cancelled by the guest via this agent before HFS is able to formally cancel the booking. Bookings made through a third-party website are subject to that site’s terms and conditions. Please be aware these may differ from ours.
- Strictly NO pets allowed.
- Minimum stay periods may apply to weekends, public holidays and peak season.
- We reserve the right to eject guests from the premises who are deemed by management to be behaving in a socially unacceptable way; causing damage; disturbing other guests. No refund will be given and charges will apply for any damage caused.
- HFS strongly recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your trip that has cover for losses incurred through accommodation cancellation.
- We are a 100% New Zealand owned and operated company.
All cancellations must be made in writing using your surname and reservation number as reference.
A 75% refund will apply to cancellations 72 hours or more before the date of arrival.
No refunds will apply to cancellations within 72 hours of the date of arrival.
If an amendment results in shortening of the stay or a reduction in guest numbers, it will be treated as a cancellation.
If you cancel an amended booking it will be treated as within 72hrs of the arrival date.
- Non-arrival on the first night of the booking (without notification) automatically cancels entire booking.
- Refunds are not given for early departure.
- Each online booking website has its own cancellation/refund policy that might also be relevant to the specific deal that is being offered – please check with the relevant website.
We ask that you supervise your children at all times.
We take the safety of all our guest, including your children seriously.